1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, application, platform or initiative for one award category. Please note: No more than one entry per category, each additional category must be submitted separately even if it is the same content.
2. The deadline for entries has been extended to Tuesday May 21st, 2013. Submissions must be received by 4:59pm (Mountain Standard Time) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. The awards are open to any individual, business or student regardless of your membership with Digital Alberta.
4. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched.
5. Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the independent judging panel on the completed online entry form as well as any video demos or visual presentations provided in support of the entry.
6. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We recommend URLs (links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing site), but movie files are also acceptable (.mov or .wmv). Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony. Digital Alberta reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony.
7. The Digital Alberta organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable. In both instances, the entrant would be notified. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
8. By entering the Digital Alberta 2013 Awards, companies are expressly authorizing Digital Alberta to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, web site and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
9. The finalists will be announced Wednesday May 22nd, 2013. The winners will be announced at the Digital Alberta 2013 awards gala and ceremony at Royal Alberta Museum, Edmonton Alberta Monday June 2nd, 2013.
It is very important that you fully complete the online entry form. In particular, details on usage and proven success in the market (backed by financials) should be provided. The more information you supply, the better the judges will be able to assess your entry.
For the purposes of judging, all entries will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be viewed by the judging panel and the awards organizers. However, in order to showcase the nominees at the Digital Alberta 2013 Awards Ceremony, some information may be taken from the short listed companies’ written entries. Please clearly indicate any information on either the entry form or supporting material that is commercially sensitive and for the judges’ eyes only. Only details of the award winners and short-listed entries in each category will be published.